Recipe 4 in our Hocus Pocus Foodie Week are these Jalapeño Mummy Poppers! With dairy-free & gluten-free swaps provided for an inclusive Halloween option. I have many clients that find this time of year challenging as it relates to food allergies, so I like to provide swaps so everyone can enjoy seasonal foods too! These are a fun addition to any Halloween Table.
Mummy Jalapeno Poppers
These are a fun recipe for Halloween, with inclusive dietary swaps to meet your own needs this Halloween season
- 1 baking sheet
- 1 parchment paper
- 1 knife
- 1 bowl
- 10 jalapeno peppers
- 8 oz cream cheese use vegan, lactose free or try my cashew cheese here (see recipe link in notes)
- 4 oz grated cheese or use dairy-free, vegan shreds like Daiya Foods
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic or garlic powder
- 12 oz dough buy it, make it or use my simple pie dough recipe with GF/DF alternatives (see recipe link in notes)
- candy eyes bulk barn is a great place to get these
- Slice peppers lengthwise & scoop out seeds & inside.
- Mix all filling ingredients together & use 1 tsp per pepper (adjust for your pepper size)
- Roll out the dough and cut it into 1/4-1/2” strips & wrap around the pepper. Place on a baking sheet & bake at 400F for 12 min
- Remove from oven, pop in the eyes 👀 & serve immediately
Snag the Cashew Cheese Recipe here for a vegan/ dairy-free version to stuff the peppers with. Grab the recipe and watch how I make this easy pie dough which you can use in this recipe.