Why does food on a stick always taste better? haha. There is something playful, something that reminds us of our childhood, that makes eating the food of a stick emotionally pleasurable. Of course, I like to look for ways to introduce healthy snacking so that we can indulge in foods that serve us back nutritionally and emotionally.
These banana pops are a quick and easy treat. Usually, I have seen them dipped in chocolate but by melting nut butter we are getting in healthy fats and some protein. Rolling them in superfoods like natural coconut flakes, hemp hearts, goji berries, nuts and seeds instead of sprinkles also enhances the nutrition and taste of this treat. These Banana Pops are not just for kids, but a tasty snack for when a sweet craving hits you. You can make a bunch and they keep great in an air-tight glass container in the freezer.
Superfood Banana Pops
- 4 large bananas
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread grab the recipe in the notes below or buy organic
- 1/8 cup natural coconut flakes
- 1/8 cup hemp hearts
- 1/8 cup pistachios, crushed
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- 8 wooden popsicle sticks
- Peel your bananas, push the popsicle sticks halfway into the part that is cut. Place them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes
- Melt your chocolate nut butter, dip the frozen banana pops into the butter.
- Roll your banana in the topping of your choice.
- Lay them rolled banana pops on a plate with parchement paper and flash freeze for 5 more minutes.