Did you know that FIBER at Breakfast plays an important role in gut health, hormone function, & night-time anxiety?! It does! Studies show that pairing fiber, omega 3 fats, & protein can help regulate hormones such as insulin which will impact energy, mood, digestion, & even impact your sleep at night.
If you are interested in learning about the interconnections between our guts, hormones, and mental health Click HERE, to check out the Full Blog post.
One simple habit you can do to support this crucial gut-brain-hormone axis is by ensuring you enjoy a high-fiber breakfast.
Adding Chia seeds, flax seeds, whole unprocessed grains, & hemp are excellent ways to add fiber to your morning breakfast while providing protein & omega 3 fats for a balanced blood sugar bowl.
Try this High-Fiber Zucchini Bread Overnight Oats Recipe and feel how it impacts your energy levels all morning.
Zucchini Bread Overnight Oats
This High-Fiber Breakfast is a great way to start your day. Plant-Based Protein, Omega-3 fats, fiber, andton s of minerals are loaded into this Zucchini Bread Overnight Oats Recipe.
- 1 bowl
- 1.5 cups oats use gluten-free as needed
- 1.5 cups unsweetened milk of choice
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 small banana, sliced or fruit of choice
- In a large bowl mix the oats, milk, flax seeds, maple syrup, cinnamon, grated zucchini & hemp seeds. Stir well to mix and then store covered in the fridge overnight.
- Enjoy as is or top with more sliced banana, a sprinkle of hemp seeds, and cinnamon. Enjoy them cold, or warm them up.
Will store in a sealed container in the fridge for 5 days.