After all the holiday meals and treats, I like to lighten things up for New Years Eve celebrations. These sweet potato toast appetizers are easy to make, you can top them with anything you like, and they are a great gluten-free alternative.
Sweet potatoes are no longer just for dinner. Sweet potato toast became pretty popular in 2016 and based on how you top them they can make a great breakfast or afternoon snack. I like to make to find myself a nice narrow and long sweet potato to make cute little rounds which are perfect for a party appetizer. You can top these off with any topping you like, here I used my Greens Powered Guacamole and finished them with micro greens to keep it light and fresh. Get creative with your appetizer toppings!
Sweet Potato Toast Bites
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp chipotle chilli pepper
- 2 large long, narrow sweet potato
- preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into 1/4-1/2" rounds, lay them flat on the baking sheet about 1" apart.
- Whisk oil and seasoning together and brush onto one side of the potato, bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, flip each round and brush the remaining oil on the other side of the potatos. Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Arrange the rounds on a plate and top with your desired toppings. For the guacamole shown, click the recipe link in the article above.