I love big, bold Summer-time salads at all the local restaurants. However, I don’t love the big price tag that often accompanies these summer patio salads. Therefore I have created 8 life-changing salads you won’t want to live without this summer that won’t break the bank
The Rejoice Sensational Summer Salad Series: 8 Life-Changing Salads
#1: Beet, Fennel, Feta & Dill Salad with a Lemon Dijon Dressing
2 cups beets- spiralized, grated, or thinly sliced (use what you have)
1 fennel bulb, diced
2-3 tbsp chopped dill
1/2 cup crumbled feta (you can use goat cheese or a vegan cashew cheese here- do you)
1 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
2 tbsp hemp seeds
2 tbsp oil (avocado, olive oil, or whatever oil you have)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp dijon mustard
Salt & pepper to taste
Optional but highly recommended-, A little heat- I like to add a dash of hot sauce or a sprinkle of Tajin seasoning here!
1. Toss all salad ingredients together in a bowl
2. Place salad dressing ingredients into a jar, shake & pour onto salad & toss
3. Sprinkle with extra dill or hemp seed to garnish & enjoy
#2: Thai Noodle Salad with the Best Ever Peanut Sauce
3 tbsps All Natural Peanut Butter or nut/seed butter of choice
1 1/2 tbsps Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tbsp Avocado oil ( or oil you have)
1 1/2 tbsps Tamari (or soy sauce or coconut aminos )
1 1/2 tsp Water
Juice of 1-2 limes
Optional Pinch of chili peppers if you like some heat
Blend in a blender. Feel free to add more or less water to make it the consistency you like.
2 cups cooked rice noodles 1 cucumber (small, diced)
1 red bell pepper (medium, diced)
1/4 cup cilantro or parsley chopped
6 ozs Chicken Breast, Cooked (diced) or tofu or 1 cup chickpeas
1 carrot, shredded
Optional sesame seeds & lime wedges to serve.
1. Cook noodles per instructions
2. Add veggies & protein
3. Pour over sauce & toss and add optional toppings as desired
#3: Lemon, Asparagus, & Pesto Chicken Pasta Salad
1.5 cups of dry pasta of choice ( I used chickpea pasta), cooked
8 oz. Chicken Breast, cooked and cubed or use any protein of choice, 1 500 ml can of chickpeas or black beans is so good too for a plant-based pasta recipe
1 bunch of Asparagus (ends trimmed), steamed or grilled then chopped
1 tbsp oil you have on hand ( I love avocado oil)
1/4 cup Pesto
Juice & zest of one medium Lemon 1/4 cup of feta cheese, Parmigiano Reggiano, or vegan cheese works too!
Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
1. Bake or grill your chicken as you like.
2. Steam or grill your asparagus while your pasta is boiling add strained pasta to a bowl. Then mix the chicken, asparagus, pasta, pesto, lemon juice/ zest, and feta.
3. Season with salt & pepper. Divide evenly between bowls and enjoy!
#4: Watermelon, Mint, & Feta Summer Salad
3-4 cups of chopped watermelon
Sprig of mint, chopped
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Zest and juice of 2 key limes
lug of avocado or olive oil
Sprinkle of sea salt
optional: a dash of @tajinusa
1) Mix and devour.
2) This will store well for 3-4 days in the fridge.
#5: Rejoice’s Cowboy Caviar Salad
2 red peppers, chopped
Equal size cans of black beans & Corn (500 ml each)
2-3 cups cooked quinoa
1/2 cup crumbled feta
1/2 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
1/2 cup avocado oil (or any oil you have)
1/4 cup lime juice
1 tsp hot sauce (I love a hint of lime hot sauce or buffalo hot sauce)
Sprinkle sea salt and pepper
1-2 cloves of fresh garlic
Sprinkle tajin seasoning (optional)
1. Toss all salad ingredients into a bowl.
2. Shake all dressing ingredients into a jar. Combine and it will store great in the fridge for 3-5 days!
#6: Summertime Tortellini Pasta Salad
3 cups of cook cheese tortellini ( or any pasta you have)
1-pint cherry tomatoes sliced
1 cup celery chopped
1 cup parsley chopped
1 cup Bocconcini, torn or chopped
1/8 cup black olives (optional)
1/2 cup sliced Italian salami or you can use any cured meat you like! Or swap for 1 cup of black beans for a plant-based version.
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp honey
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp dried oregano
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/4 thyme, chopped
1. Shake it all in a jar pour over the pasta, mix and serve!
2. The salad will keep for 5 days in the fridge in a sealed container.
#7: BBQ Chicken “Ranch” Salad
2 cups of chopped romaine
1/2 diced bell pepper
1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed
1 Cobb of grilled corn ( or use 1/2 cup of canned corn)
1/8 cup of shredded cheese ( I like that Tex Mex mix here)
2 tbsp guacamole or 1/4 avocado diced
* You can use your favorite ranch dressing or use this version of a creamy dressing
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp sour cream
2 tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp spice of choice ( I like @tajinusa )
1 tsp hot sauce ( I like @franksredhot sauce with lime here) optional for spicy ranch
1. Coat protein with your fav bbq sauce & drizzle corn with a little oil and seasoning & grill
2. Meanwhile, chop up veggies, rinse beans, and add everything to a bowl
3. slice protein and cut off corn kernels from the Cobb & add to the salad
4. In a jar add mayo, sour cream, lime juice, hot sauce, & seasoning & shake
5. Pour your ranch over top of the salad, drizzle a little of your fav bbq sauce and devour
#8: Summer Berry Spinach Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
2-3 of spinach ( or any greens you love)
3 oz grilled protein or choice or 1-2 cups of beans of choice
1/8 cup candies pecans or use any plain nuts or seeds you love. CLICK HERE FOR THE CANDIED NUT RECIPE & REEL
1/4 cup berries of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese ( goat cheese or a dairy-free cheese works too)
1/2 cup cucumbers sliced
2 tbsp hemp seeds
3 tbsp raspberry balsamic vinaigrette of choice or make it with my recipe. CLICK HERE FOR THE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE & REEL
1. Place all ingredients into a bowl
2. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette, toss and enjoy
I hope you enjoyed the Sensational Summer Salad Series with me! Which salad is your favorite? Let me know in the comments.