Seriously this is so yummy and easy to make you might never buy commercial fruit vinaigrettes again. This recipe is also versatile, can help you save money on groceries, and reduce food waste in your home!
At the end of the week if you have soft or spoiled berries or stone fruits turning them into a fruit vinaigrette is a great way to repurpose food at home. My daughter loves raspberry bottled vinaigrettes but they are $6.00 in the store and she can burn through a bottle in less than a week! That adds up on the grocery bill so for me this recipe became a great solution.
The recipe I am providing you can be used with ANY fruit you have or love. I have made this exact same recipe with blackberries, peaches, strawberries, and nectarines. You can also change the herbs based on what you love ( basil + blackberry, peach + mint, strawberry + rosemary, etc), your flavor combos are truly endless.
Here is the base recipe but remember have fun and make it your own based on what you have
Homemade Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
Roasting the fruit in the oven first gives this dressing such a bold flavor! It is so easy to make, versatile, and delicious you won't buy commercial fruit salad dressings again
- 1 jar
- 1 oven proof dish
- 1 blender or food processor
- 1 cup raspberries or fruit of choice
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1/2 cup oil I like olive or avocado oil here
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice I like honey or maple syrup here
- Place oil, fruit, garlic & herbs in a dish & roast in the oven at 350F for 15 min
- Transfer to a blender/ food processor & add oil, sweetener, and seasoning, and blend until smooth (about 1 minute)
- Store your salad dressing for 2-3 weeks in the fridge in an airtight container