Our skin is the largest detoxification organ we have and is also often the first thing people notice when they met you. In 2018, the U.S. will spend nearly $11 billion dollars on skin care products. Layering things onto our skin that can often add further toxins into our body and clog our pores (slowing natural detoxification processes) can sometimes have the opposite effect long-term we are looking for with these products. I love turning to foods that can nourish our beauty from the inside-out. Delivering superfoods and nutrients that we know can support our bodies growth and repair while helping us manage stress and feel energized. Now turn those nutritional benefits into a delicious power ball that is perfect for that 3 pm energy crash or a beauty-boosting snack and you have a win-win recipe! Here are just a few highlights of the ingredients:
- Zinc is working 24/7 to repair the skin and even help to clear up acne.
- Raw cacao powder is a great source of zinc along with mineral magnesium that helps us manage stress. Raw Cacao powder also is a good source of sulfur for beauty.
- Gogi berries are a powerful antioxidant which can aid in combatting free-radical damage.
- Chia Seeds are a great source of Omega 3’s which at a cellular level help manage levels of inflammation. If there is chronic inflammation this impacts our hormonal balance, detoxification pathway, and cell regeneration that are all key processes for vibrant healthy skin.
- Dates provide a mineral-rich sweetener that is packed with fiber.
- Coconut flakes provide a good source of fats while having anti-fungal and antimicrobial properties.
- Maca powder has been studied for its benefits with mood, hormone balance, and promoting energy levels.
- While we are at it, let’s add a little cinnamon for flavor and chromium to support blood sugar balance and roll them in hemp hearts for added protein and amino acids.
No-Bake Beauty Power Balls
These balls are naturally gluten-free, free of refined sugar, high in fiber, boosts energy, packed with vitamins and minerals, and are no-bake snacks ready in minutes.
- 2 cups coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1.5 cups soaked, pitted dates
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp goji berries
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- Soak dates in warm water for 5-10 minutes, drain, remove pits.
- Place all the ball ingredients (except the goji berries) into a blender and process until smooth.
- Add the goji berries and pulse 5-6 times to gently mix.
- Roll into 1-2" balls in your hands. Roll in the optional coatings or leave plain.
Store balls in an air-tight container in fridge for 1 week or in the freezer for a month.