I love the freshness of an Agua Fresca drink, the issue I find with most is the contain a large amount of refined sugar. Experimenting in my kitchen I found that Dates are a lovely replacement for refined sugar. It adds the sweetness to the drink, while also providing fiber, vitamins, and minerals to aid in digestive health.
This drink is simply cucumbers, dates, mint, lime, and filtered water. It is very easy to make and is extremely hydrating and beautifying to the skin thanks to the water content and detoxification properties.
Enjoy this drink on a hot day, or when you feel your skin needs a little nourishment from the inside out, or to accompany your guacamole and chips!
Healthy Cucumber Lime Agua Fresca
- 2 large cucumbers peeled, seeds removed, chopped
- 4 large limes, fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup dates, pits removed
- handful fresh mint leaves
- 8 cups filtered water
- peel cucumbers, slice lengthwise and scoop out seeds with a spoon. Chop cucumbers into 1" chunks.
- Place cucumbers, dates, and freshly squeezed lime juice (if some lime flesh gets in thats good too) in a blender and process until well blended.
- Add the mint and water to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Gather a large glass jug and a mesh strainer that will sit inside the jug.
- Pour the contents of the blender into the strainer about 2-4 cups at a time. Swirl with a spoon to help the liquid to move through.
- Continue to do this until all the liquid is in the jug and you will be left with wet pulp in the strainer. Push the pulp with the back of the spoon to get our as much liquid as possible.
- Chill the fresca jug in the fridge for about an hour before serving. Fill glasses with ice, pour fresca overtop and garnish with mint leaves or a slice of cucumber as desired.