Who wants some easy one-bowl brownies from scratch that are ready to bake in 10 minutes?? Rich, fudgy, and completely satisfying! Make them whenever you feel like a deliciously decedant brownie. Brownies somewhere along the line got a bad rap and were labelled by the diet industry as a “bad” food. This was, and is, further reinforced by the media and Hollywood by showing characters on TV eating a pan of brownies after a break-up or after losing their job. Over and over again the ideas of eating a brownie is shown to us in the mainstream in terms of “cheating” or “emotional eating”. As part of the work I do with my 1:1 nutrition coaching clients around Mindful Eating Principals, unlearning and relearning how we look at food, and reestablishing a positive relationship with eating.
There is liberation in letting go of these “good vs bad” food narratives we carry with us, and reintroduce foods to our life that we might have previously felt “guilty” or bad after eating.
If you are not impacted by “diet culture”, then rock on! Eat the brownies and live your life. If you are working through developing a less restrictive and more supportive relationship with food then start by making a bowl of these amazing brownies, cut yourself a piece, sit-down and enjoy it while using these 7 Tips to get started with Mindful Eating
In addition to educating others on developing a deeper connection to what makes their body feel their best, I always am mindful of creating recipes that are inclusive. What do I mean by “inclusive” recipes? It means I provide multiple options for the recipes key ingredients so that you can choose the ingredients that work best for you based on your personal needs, access to food, and your budget. This allows you to take this simple one-bowl brownie recipes and make small changes if you are vegan for ethical reasons, gluten-free for health diagnoses, cocoa powder vs. cacao powder for economic reasons, and/or sugar-free for those with blood-sugar imbalances those options are provided. If you are interested in learning more about about Mindful Eating, check out the Mindful Eating with Ease Online program or contact me to discuss 1:1 custom coaching.
Easy One Bowl Brownies
- measuring cups
- parchment paper
- measuring spoons
- 1/2 cup cold ghee or grass-fed butter use coconut butter for vegan version
- 3/4 cup granular sweetener of choice cane sugar, white sugar, coconut sugar, monkfruit, etc
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar use sugar-free if you are mindful of sugar intake
- 2/3 cup cacao powder cocoa works too
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 2 egg large use flax egg for vegan version
- 3/4 cup baking flour, or almond flour use gluten-free as needed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips cacao nibs or sugarfree chips based on your needs
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped optional! you can omit it swap it for nuts or seeds of choice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper, or grease with butter/oil.
- This is a one-bowl recipe so mix everything into one bowl then pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. The sides will be brown and an inserted toothpick in the center will come out clean.
- Let cool and cut into 12 squares.