If you have not yet tried avocado ice cream I strongly suggest you give it a try. Whenever I serve it as a dessert for company, I rarely mention what it is. I sit back and watch everyone try and scrap the bowl with their spoons to capture each little bit. As the questions begin, I enjoy telling people that there is No dairy, No white sugar, and No, I don’t own an ice cream maker.
The healthy fats from the avocado and chilled coconut milk give this raw, frozen dessert that rich and creamy flavor you expect from a dairy ice cream. The small amount of maple syrup gives it the right amount of sweetness without adding a ton of sugar making it a guilt-free treat.
Avocado Ice Cream
- 2 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 14oz can of full fat hardened coconut milk chilled, ideally overnight.
- 1/4 cup maple syrup of honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- For best results chill the can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. Pour liquid into a container and use later in a smoothie. Scoop out the cold, hard coconut milk.
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender
- Pour into a glass container, cover, and freeze for 2-4 hours.
- If it's too hard, let it sit on the counter for 15 minutes before serving. Scoop into bowls and enjoy.