So my love of smoothies is obvious, what is not to love about them. They are completely versatile so you never get bored, you can load in a ton of nutrition in one single glass, and blending helps pre-digest food making it easy to digest and quickly absorb the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, healthy fats, and proteins for the day.
I am a big fan of making smoothie bags ahead of time for those busy weekday mornings, so not matter how busy you are there is no need to skip breakfast. Now smoothie bowls for me are more of a treat. These are for those lazy mornings where I have more time to sit and slowly enjoy all the flavors of my meal. I also love energy boosting smoothie bowls for that 3 pm energy crashes or post-workout snack. Thicker and creamy smoothie bowls can be swapped for your usual ice cream for those nighttime cravings. This is one of my favorite, simple bowls that satisfy’s me anytime of the day.
Tropical Smoothie Bowl
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1/4 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 scoop Your favorite greens powder
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1-1.5 cups ice based on how thick you like it
- Place everything in a blender and process until smooth. Pour into a bowl.
- Top with whatever superfoods and fruits you like. Here I used kiwi, coconut, frozen wild blueberries, and vegan chocolate chunks. Enjoy!