Covid19 has impacted everyone in some way on a global scale. Social isolation and its impacts are being seen in our rising mental health statistics across Canada. Social isolation has also meant tough times for small businesses and community groups that rely on volunteers and donations. Both need our help this holiday season.
Being a community means supporting each other in good times and hard times. Social isolation is putting small businesses both out of business and non-profit community groups in tough spots. Let me share some ways you can support them and some of the great events Rejoice Nutrition & Wellness is hosting to support them at this time you can get involved in:
How You Can Support Small Businesses This Season During Covid-19?
- LIKE, COMMENT & SHARE
We all know the power of social media. It makes it easier than ever to stay connected. Spread the love and help local businesses! When you like, comment and share their posts they are more likely to reach new customers who may not have known about their business before. Especially during this time, being seen by new people will help a business’ come back to be a little bit easier. Simply commenting on a post using a few words and some emojis encourages the social media algorithm to favor that post and display it to more people!
- TAG A FRIEND
Similar to liking, commenting, and sharing posts, tagging a friend can help a small business reach new loyal customers. With many businesses adapting their business structures to accommodate remote working, having more people engaged and involved in their business online will allow them to continue their growth instead of halt it altogether. If you take the time to share some new businesses online with a few friends, it will greatly boost their engagement on social media while helping your friends find their new favorite business. It’s a win-win!
- PURCHASE A GIFT CARD
Purchase a gift card now to use later! This will give them cash flow that they can use to support themselves while their doors are shut or business has severely slowed down. Alternatively, many businesses are switching over to providing gift cards virtually. This allows us to continue to stay connected as a community and support those in need during this difficult time.
- SPREAD THE WORD
Right now, many small businesses have made radical shifts in the way they work. This means turning to online experiences such as live-streaming yoga classes, immediately building a website to get products online, and restaurants offering free delivery to your home. A great way to support these new techniques small business owners are implementing is to spread the word. Share special offers and deals on your Instagram story or on your Facebook timeline. This allows our community to engage in business as usual but in a new and adapted way.
- LEAVE A REVIEW
One can easily become frustrated if they’re trying to access products and services that are their go-to but are now unavailable. We must remember that this is a trying time for everyone. Google your favorite businesses and leave a review! Many Small Business Facebook pages have a review page option too! Alternatively, leave one when you have received your purchase.
- SHOP ONLINE
Many small businesses have online shopping options. Then they either offer curbside delivery or pick-up. Pre-ordering products for pick up or even purchasing virtual products such as gift cards, courses, or e-books can make great holiday gifts. I can tell you small businesses have really got creative in how they can get you your purchase in a safe way. So before you enter the big businesses into your search bar… look local to support them and your community.
- USE DELIVERY OR PICKUP OPTIONS
With social distancing being a method of prevention for COVID-19, it can be tough to reduce or eliminate your daily interactions. Treat yourself by choosing delivery or local pickup options. This allows you to either get out of the house for some fresh air or gives you the opportunity to be delivered something that makes you excited! With businesses pivoting their efforts to align with social distancing, there are so many ways you can continue to support local businesses while remaining at home. Hope these 7 ideas help!! Share this post to share some ideas!
2) How Rejoice Is Supporting Small Businesses And How You Can Help?
The 25 Day Self-Care Advent Calendar Challenge Is Back!
This Year Marks The 3rd Annual Self-Care Advent Calendar Challenge!
- December 1st- December 25th, 2020 when you sign-up you will receive a daily self-care challenge to give yourself some love.
- Every time you complete a daily self-care challenge you are entered to win that week’s self-care prize basket!
- We have 4 baskets in total! $2,750.00 worth of local, self-care gifts to win
- This year I committed to ensuring everything that is in those baskets is from small, local female-owned businesses! We have over 20 small businesses who have contributed and over $1000.00 worth of self-care and wellness gifts for you to win this year!
- If you shop at any of the local contributing small businesses during the challenge, DM me and I will also be donating $2.00 for every purchase you make with them in your name to the Edmonton Food Bank.
If you want more information and want to join the 3rd annual 25 Day Self-Care Advent Calendar Challenge Event then click the link below to learn more and sign up! It is going to be awesome.
3) Rejoice’s Local Holiday Shopping List
So these 20+ local businesses are contributing to this amazing giveaway because we know that this year has been hard! Period. So giving self-care gifts to you is a way of spreading good cheer. NOW, in return, you can reciprocate that love. I am committed to buying my Christmas presents from these amazing women who are doing and giving so much to others. I commit to buying my holiday gifts locally this year. The variety of products and services from these small businesses is amazing, it truly fills my heart with such gratitude and I want to support them this season. Below is a list of those women-run businesses that are contributing to the 25-day advent calendar challenge. The businesses that offer services can give you a gift certificate to give this holiday season. Many of the gyms and services are offering virtual classes and spiritual work online with others. The businesses that are selling products below have gone above and beyond to get your products in a safe and contactless way. I have linked all the Businesses below that are part of this event and are who I am shopping for this holiday season. Need some local business gifting ideas?? check out these outstanding local female-owned businesses below (they are listed in the order they are appearing in the 4 Self-Care Giveaway holiday gift baskets they are in):
Self-Care Basket #1 (Approx. $775):
- Spruce & Sky
- Catastrophe Chocolates
- Daphne’s Healing Hands
- Ripple Effect Wellness St.Albert
- Aroma & Avocados
- Zyp Chicks Healthy Living (Giving A Bag To Every Basket!)
- Ellie Bianca All Natural Certified Organic Face & Body Skincare
Self-Care Basket #2 (Approx $600):
Self-Care Basket #3 (Approx $650):
- Boho Lash & Co
- Lauren Mary Holistics
- Alpine Ember & Co
- Beaver Creek Honey
- Vertical Roots Canada
- Jen’s Epic Life
- Kats Ass Cushions (Giving A Meditation Pillow To Every Basket!!)
Self-Care Basket #4 (Approx. $900)
- Nothin Butt Waxin
- Spiritually Anchored (Giving A Reading To Every Basket!!)
- True Beauty Make-Up Artistry
- The Radiant Knot
- Herb & Garlic Nutrition
- Rejoice Nutrition & Wellness (ME!!!!)
4) How We Are Also Supporting The Edmonton Food Bank Through The 25 Day Self-Care Challenge?
Every year for I has run the Healthful Hamper Food Drive in collaboration with some amazing people and local businesses. Sadly do to covid19 we need to do things a little differently this year. Therefore to keep the volunteers and community members safe and reduce “TOUCHPOINTS” we are only collecting monetary donations for the food bank. This will help them by reducing touchpoints that they have to deal with right now, however, they are taking donations but have some safety requests for anyone collecting donations. I have attached it here for you to check out, Our Pandemic Update May_September.
However, we are still going to fight food insecurity this season but it looks just a little different.
DONATE EVEN $1 TO THE HEALTHFUL HAMPER FOOD DRIVE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THIS YEAR THROUGH THE SECURE DONATION LINK
When you make a purchase with ANY of the local Businesses above that are contributing to the 25 Self-Care Advent Calendar Challenge to #supportlocal for your holiday shopping, email me or DM me you made a purchase and Rejoice will personally donate $2.00 on your behalf to the Edmonton Foodbank. So you support local AND help local families have a meal this holiday season. Win-Win!!
5) How Some Businesses Are Giving A Little More! Shop To Make An Impact!
Below are a handful of the 25-Day Self-Care Challenge contributors who are businesses are GIVING a bit more. When you buy from them below during the event, I will, of course, donate $2 to the Food Bank as part of our event. However, you should know that when you buy from them…. even more of your purchase is going to help those in our community. Check out these women and their additional giving below
- Shop Spruce & Sky and for every purchase, she is donating $1 to end child trafficking.
- Shop Alpine Ember & Co and for every purchase, she is donating to the CHEW project to provide critical frontline support to LGBTQ2S+ youth & young adults facing barriers in mental health issues, violence, poverty, homelessness, substance use issues, sexual health issues, and sexual exploitation.
- Shop Ripple Effect Wellness Centre . Their Ripple Effect Cause Box” that is a prize in the 25 Day Self-Care Advent Calender is also for sale! It’s a box full of goodies for self-care and spiritual growth, and $20 from each box sold will go toward our “chosen cause” for December – the Food Banks of St. Albert and Edmonton.
- Shop the Zyp Chicks! First, they created a code “Rejoice10:” for 10% off their online shop AND remember every sale I donate $2 to the food drive. NEXT, they wanted me to please let everyone know that we will MATCH your donation to the food bank. For every order that comes through the 25 Day Self-Care Advent Calendar they Zyp Chicks, we will donate $2 to the food bank. Giving back and trying to do good is at the foundation of everything the Zyp Chick does as a business.
- sign-up for the 25-day self-care advent calendar (all the details will be coming out via email before we start on the 1st)
- LIKE & Follow these amazing businesses!
- Do your holiday shopping with these amazing businesses (see all their page links above)
- When you shop with them, DM me or email me at email@example.com and I will donate $2 to the Edmonton Food Bank on your behalf.
- Want to donate more? Click the secure donation link to the Healthful Hamper Food Drive and give a family a hot meal this holiday season.
- The food bank is also so short on volunteers this year so if you want to help, here is the link to get involved.
The event runs from December 1- December 25th, 2020. But there are lots of sneak peeks and bonuses you won’t want to miss so keep watching my rejoice stories and posts on my channels.
This is gonna be so much fun!
Give yourself a gift of self-care.
Enter to win self-care prize baskets.
Help support those in our community that needs it the most. Xo,JoPS!!! Don’t forget to follow along on Rejoice Facebook & Instagram pages for simple and effective resources that relate to the week’s topic.Xo,Jo