There is something about strawberries that just scream summer for me. My little urban garden grows about 10-12 cups of strawberries over the course of the summer months and they always taste the best! Warmed from the summer sun, sweet, and bursting with flavor. A light dessert like a strawberry shortcake is always a tasty treat in the summer.
Making Strawberry Shortcake Cookies means I can enjoy Strawberry Shortcake anytime, anywhere in a quick and easy to snack on form! Happy Snacking.
PS- A little sprinkle of icing sugar on top after they are baked is lovely!!
Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
- mixing bowl
- measuring spoons
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- 1.5 cups strawberries sliced honestly, any berries are delicious
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups almond flour or gluten-free flour or plain baking flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 6 tbsp cold ghee coconut oil, or butter works too
- 3 tbsp sweetener of choice monkfruit, honey, can sugar, maple syrup, etc
- 2 medium eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick liner
- Wash & slice strawberries, toss in lemon juice as set aside
- In a bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients and then add in the cold ghee in small chunks to form small dough crumbs
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and sweetener and then add into the dry mixture along with the strawberries to form a sticky dough.
- You will want to get your hands a little wet before rolling or the dough sticks to your hands. With wet hands roll 12-14 small balls of dough and set onto the lined baking sheet. Press slightly down to about 1/4" thickness and set 2" apart on the pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes until top is slightly brown
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack