There is something about strawberries that just scream summer for me. My little urban garden grows about 10-12 cups of strawberries over the course of the summer months and they always taste the best! Warmed from the summer sun, sweet, and bursting with flavor. A light dessert like a strawberry shortcake is always a tasty treat in the summer.
Making Strawberry Shortcake Cookies means I can enjoy Strawberry Shortcake anytime, anywhere in a quick and easy to snack on form! Happy Snacking.
PS- A little sprinkle of icing sugar on top after they are baked is lovely!!
Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
- measuring cups
- parchment paper
- measuring spoons
- 1.5 cups strawberries, hulled & sliced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup almond flour use gluten-free or while flour as needed
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp cold ghee or grass-fed butter use coconut butter for vegan version
- 2 egg large use flax egg for vegan version
- 3 tbsp sweetener of choice honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, stevia
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl then add all the liquid ingredients.
- In a medium bowl mix berries and lemon juice
- In a larger bowl, mix all dry ingredients. Add cut pieces of ghee or butter and work it in to form a crumb.
- Whisk all wet ingredients and add them into the dry ingredients until well combined. Add in the strawberries and mix again. Now the dough is sticky so its best to wet your hands with water a bit and then roll the balls and place on the lined baking sheet. You want them 2" apart and gently press the balls down so the cookies are about 1/4" thick
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown on edges and let cool on a cookie sheet then enjoy.