Put down the $6.00 store-bought sugary pumpkin latte and walk-away! LOL. I find that you have to be very careful if you say anything negative towards this cult classic in the month of October. When I examine what is actually in it though I want to drink it less. Take a small peak of some of the things in a standard pumpkin latte.
However, I really enjoy the taste of a pumpkin latte and want the health benefits of pumpkin. What is great about making your own is you can use whole food ingredients that can actually support a healthy immune system during the cold and flu season instead of a high fructose corn syrup drink that can suppress it.
This recipe is super easy! You can use organic canned pumpkin or if you have a little more time on your hand you can roast your own maple pumpkin puree which is cost effective and easy to do. Here is a How To Make Homemade Maple Pumpkin Puree Recipe.
Cheers to a healthier pumpkin spiced latte this fall.
Simple & Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree see homemade in notes
- 1.5 cups organic full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean use pure vanilla liquid too
- 1/2 cup organic dark roast brewed coffee or 1/4 cup expresso
- 1/2 cup coconut whipped cream optional topping (video recipe in notes)
- 1 pinch cinnamon optional topping
- Heat coconut milk in a saucepan on the stove.
- Add the hot coconut milk with the other ingredients into a blender for 1 minute until well combined and frothy.
- Pour into your favourite mug and drink as is or top with additional toppings.