So, I love food and I love snacking! However, in working with clients with their nutritional planning I find all too often that people have an unhealthy relationship with snacking. Snacking has got this bad rap about being a “naughty habit”. Having small snacks throughout the day can be a great way to keep your energy stores high, balance blood-sugars, and keep the metabolism revved up. It is not snacking that is the issue, it most likely is what you are snacking on.
Now, this is where our brain often hears restriction and clients think I am going to take away their sweet indulgence and hand them a celery stick. This is far from the case. A snack should be packed with protein, fiber, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and enzymes. The snack also should be satisfying and energize you to do the things you enjoy doing in your day. I love it when I can create a snack that does all that and still feels like a “treat”. Enter the No-Bake Protein Brownie Kabob. Basically, I am taking the classic chocolate dipped fruit kabob and having some fun with it. This is a snack that kids and adults all love. It is quick and easy and totally delish.
You can make the energy balls, I have two different recipes you can make for the kabobs. Also, if you are in a rush you can now buy bags of organic energy ball snacks at most grocery stores or you can take your favorite protein bar like a Lara Bar and cut them into 3 pieces and roll them into a ball in your hand.
No-Bake Protein Brownie Kabobs
- 16 no-bake energy bites grab the recipe in the notes section
- 6 oz 70% dark chocolate
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 medium bananas
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 8 bamboo kabob sticks
- Select your favorite energy ball recipe. I have included two in the recipe notes for you to choose from.
- Melt your chocolate, wash the strawberries and slice the banana's. Dip your fruit into the melted chocolate, sprinkle with coconut and allow chocolate to cool on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, thread one energy ball, a piece of strawberry, piece of banana and then repeat.
- Serve and enjoy!