Day 2 of our Hocus Pocus Foodie Week is this No-Bake Balanced Caramel Apple Bark !! The “Balanced” comes from adding in omega 3 fats, protein, and fiber thanks to the hemp seeds, nuts, and pectin fiber in the apple peels to be mindful of blood sugar balance with chocolate. If you are looking for lower glycemic index chocolate, check out my Paleo, Keto, and Vegan Chocolate Sauce to use in this recipe, or use sugar-free chocolate like Krisda.
This recipe could not be easier to make, is an easy and inclusive recipe for budgets and preferences! Plus it’s totally delicious
No-Bake Balanced Caramel Apple Bark
This recipe could not be easier to make! Plus, it is so versatile. You can truly use whatever you have in the pantry/fridge to make a seasonal no-bake bark. It is the perfect combination of sweet & salty for a tasty snack.
- 1 baking sheet
- 1 parchment paper or liner
- 1 bowl or pot to melt chocolate
- 2 cups melted chocolate choose chocolate of choice, dark, vegan, gluten-free, etc
- 1 cup pretzels use gluten-free as needed
- 1 small green apple, cored, chopped
- 1/4 c pecans, chopped or nuts or seeds of choice
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp flaky sea salt
- 3 tbsp caramel sauce buy your fav, or see the notes section for a quick recipe to make it
- Line a sheet with parchment & cover it with melted chocolate.
- Top with your ingredients then freeze for 1-2 hours & cut into pieces.
Stores best in the freezer in a sealed container so apples don't brown. DIY Sauce:
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4c cup boiling water
- A pinch of sea salt, cinnamon, splash of vanilla to taste.