Sylvia Plath once said, “There must be quite a few things that a hot bath won’t cure, but I don’t know many of them” which I would totally agree with. You may have seen recommendations to enjoy a hot bath when you are experiencing feelings of stress, tension, or anxiety as part of night-time routines. Over the years, I have played around with adding different essential oils and Epson salts to achieve a deeper sense of relaxation when I want to have a bath. Over the past year, I began learning more and experimenting with the use of CBD oils in lotions, sprays, and bath salts, and wow, what could possibly make this already soothing activity even more relaxing? A little help from CBD in the form of a colorful bath bomb!
Bath bombs have grown in popularity over the past decade for good reason, these palm-sized fizzies come in a variety of shapes and colors while boasting excellent skin benefits. Pairing those beauty benefits with the added body-relaxing effects provided by cannabis can lead to the ease of tension, reduced inflammation, and overall tranquility. Using CBD in the bath will not get you high! Read here to learn why? Whether your body is aching, your mind is racing, or you’re simply looking for a way to de-stress let me show you how to make a quick & easy CBD bath bomb.
If you are interested in learning more about CBD oil, check out my Feel-Good CBD-Infused Chocolate Latte Recipe with PubMed links on the use of CBD-oil and considerations. And if you are looking to use these bath bombs to help with sleep, snag my 5 Ways to Help you Improved Sleep Article plus a FREE Night-Time Routine Ebook here.
In great health
Healthy & Easy Banana Bread
- parchment paper
- 3 small very ripe bananas, mashed about 1 1/3 cup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or whatever sweetener you love
- 2 medium eggs or use 2 flax eggs
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted) You can use butter, ghee, or coconut butter here
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt dairy-free coconut or cashew yogurt can work great too
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour or gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup optional add-in's see add-in ideas above
- preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease or line a baking tin with parchment (9"x4" bread tin works great)
- In a large bowl mix together mix all the wet ingredients (banana, eggs, yogurt, sweetener, oil, lemon juice, and vanilla) until well combined.
- Next, mix all the dry ingredients in another bowl and then slowly add the mixed dry ingredients to the wet ingredients above. Gentle mixing, do not overmix.
- Fold in your add-in ingredients of choice. Then pour into your pan.
- Bake for 55-60min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool then serve.