Sylvia Plath once said, “There must be quite a few things that a hot bath won’t cure, but I don’t know many of them” which I would totally agree with. You may have seen recommendations to enjoy a hot bath when you are experiencing feelings of stress, tension, or anxiety as part of night-time routines. Over the years, I have played around with adding different essential oils and Epson salts to achieve a deeper sense of relaxation when I want to have a bath. Over the past year, I began learning more and experimenting with the use of CBD oils in lotions, sprays, and bath salts, and wow, what could possibly make this already soothing activity even more relaxing? A little help from CBD in the form of a colorful bath bomb!
Bath bombs have grown in popularity over the past decade for good reason, these palm-sized fizzies come in a variety of shapes and colors while boasting excellent skin benefits. Pairing those beauty benefits with the added body-relaxing effects provided by cannabis can lead to the ease of tension, reduced inflammation, and overall tranquility. Using CBD in the bath will not get you high! Read here to learn why? Whether your body is aching, your mind is racing, or you’re simply looking for a way to de-stress let me show you how to make a quick & easy CBD bath bomb.
If you are interested in learning more about CBD oil, check out my Feel-Good CBD-Infused Chocolate Latte Recipe with PubMed links on the use of CBD-oil and considerations. And if you are looking to use these bath bombs to help with sleep, snag my 5 Ways to Help you Improved Sleep Article plus a FREE Night-Time Routine Ebook here.
In great health
How to Make CBD Bath Bombs
- 1 bowl
- 1 whisk
- molds see the notes section below for shopping links
- 5 ml CBD oil of choice I ask for one that relaxes muscle & is great for pain relief - see notes for links
- 8 oz epson salts
- 8 oz corn starch or arrowroot powder
- 8 oz baking soda I like aluminum-free baking soda when possible
- 4 oz citric acid what makes it FIZZ, see the notes section below for link
- 1 tbsp avocado oil coconut or hemp oil works too
- 1.5 tsp water
- 5 drops essential oil of choice I love lavender, eucalyptus, ylang-ylang
- 1 tbsp dried herbs or flowers lavender, sage, rosemary, roses, etc
- 1-2 tsp natural dyes see notes for links
- Combine all your dry ingredients into a large bowl – Epsom salt, citric acid, baking soda, corn starch.
- Add in your personal touches such as natural dyes, dried flowers or herbs, etc. In a small bowl, combine all your wet ingredients – water, essential oils, your cbd oil, & oil. SLOWLY pour your liquid mixture into your dry mixture. Keep stirring slowly as you pour. You do NOT want it to start to fizz; if you dump the liquid mixture in too fast, it’ll fizz! SO SLOW MIXING is key.
- Once your liquid is poured in, gently whisk until there are no clumps. When all is mixed, the consistency should be that of damp sand. Grab some in your hand & see if it holds its shape when you release your grip. If so, then its all good but if not you might need to add a bit more water (a LITTLE bit at a time) This part is time-sensitive because you don’t want your mixture to dry out so you have to move quickly but gently.
- Pack each half of your molds separately and ensure you really pack it in. Think of making sandcastles as a kid and need to really pack it into your beach bucket so it holds its shape, the same concept applies.
- Put both halves together and repeat until you fill all your molds. Let dry for a FULL 24 hours, no peeking. Store them in a container in a cool, dry place for 3 months. Enjoy the relaxing power of your CBD bath bombs!