I love chia pudding for breakfast, but sometimes I like it as a sweet dessert. By definition, a parfait is defined as two frozen desserts in one, so I set out to make my own healthy, dairy-free, gluten-free, and naturally sweetened parfait that still tasted awesome! Enter the Honeydew Chia Parfait.
Coconut milk always adds that rich, thick, creamy taste to a dessert, which providing numerous health benefits to the gut. Coconut milk is packed with fiber, Vitamin B’s, minerals such as calcium, and selenium while being antifungal and antimicrobial. Honeydew melon is often overlooked next to its very popular brother the watermelon. However, honeydew has a very high potassium and water content that helps maintain blood pressure, and has Vitamin C and copper that support healthy collagen production, tissue repair, and healthy aging! So I say, bring on the parfaits!
Honeydew, Coconut Chia Pudding
- 1/2 cup chia
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp-tbsp good quality honey or maple syrup
- 1 medium honeydew melon
- 3 oz 70% dark chocolate or you can melt & mix well 1 tbsp raw cacao powder with 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Mix the chia seeds, coconut milk, vanilla, honey/maple syrup into a bowl. Set aside or 15-30minutes until the chia pudding is gelatinous.
- Meawhile, cut the melon in half, scoop out the seeds, and remove the rind. Chop the melon into bite sizes pieces and place in the freezer for the same 15-30 minutes as the chia is setting.
- Scoop about 1/4-1/2 cup of the chis into cups and place in the freezer.
- Remove the melon from the freezer and blend it until smooth in a blender or food processer.
- Remove the chia cups from the freezer and divide the honeydue equally into each glass. Enjoy like that or top with some melted dark chocolate.