At the end of the week, I always have a black banana or two sitting on the counter in the fruit bowl. You all know me and I am not a fan of food waste, so I pop them into the freezer and proudly proclaim “I will make banana bread with these one day!”. Then a few months go by and someone in my house always will ask “what are we doing with all these darn black bananas!?!” and I quickly realize my freezer is full of them lol. This banana bread recipe is so quick and easy, my no-fail recipe makes the moistest banana bread everyone will love. I have experimented with the standard recipe to “healthify it”, so all the swaps for sugar, butter, eggs, and flour for a “healthier” banana bread below all still produce the best banana bread no matter how you like to swap it out to meet your needs.
My Fave Top 10 Fun Additions To My Banana Bread Recipe:
- Sugar-free chocolate chips (Lily’s Brand & Krisda I like the best)
- Berries (fresh or frozen are awesome! pick one or mix in a few kinds)
- Dried Fruit Freeze Dried Blueberries, Sugar-free Dried Cranberries or Cherries, & Dried Banana Chips)
- Nuts (Walnuts, cashews, or pistachios all are yummy)
- Seeds (pumpkin, chia, flax all are yummy in and on top of the bread)
- Nut or seed butter’s (Yup add 2 tbsp into the recipe below of your favorite creamy nut or seed butter)
- Spice it up! (pumpkin spice, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, add a tsp of your fave seasonal spice)
- Zucchini (add 1 cup of shredded zucchini to the mix for added nutrition & texture)
- Crushed Pinneaple (swap 1 banana for 1/2 cup of drained crushed pineapple! so yummy!)
- Pumpkin Puree (swap 1 banana for 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree and add in pumpkin spice for a pumpkin spiced banana loaf! yummy)
What’s your favorite addition? Do you put something else yummy in your banana bread? I would love to hear what- post in the comments below!
How to Make CBD Bath Bombs
- molds (see the notes section below for mold shopping links)
- CBD Oil (see notes section for links)
- 8 oz Epson salts
- 8 oz corn starch or arrowroot powder
- 8 oz baking soda I like aluminum-free baking soda when possible
- 4 oz citric acid what makes it FIZZ, see the notes section below for link
- 5 ml CBD oil of choice I ask for one that relaxes muscle & is great for pain relief
- 1 tbsp avocado oil coconut or hemp oil works too
- 1.5 tsp water
- 5 drops essential oil of choice (I love lavender, eucalyptus, ylang-ylang)
- 1 tbsp dried herbs or flowers (lavender, sage, rosemary roses, etc)
- 1-2 tsp natural dyes see the notes section below for a link
- Combine all your dry ingredients into a large bowl – Epsom salt, citric acid, baking soda, corn starch.
- Add in your personal touches such as natural dyes, dried flowers or herbs, etc. In a small bowl, combine all your wet ingredients – water, essential oils, your cbd oil, & oil. SLOWLY pour your liquid mixture into your dry mixture. Keep stirring slowly as you pour. You do NOT want it to start to fizz; if you dump the liquid mixture in too fast, it’ll fizz! SO SLOW MIXING is key.
- Once your liquid is poured in, gently whisk until there are no clumps. When all is mixed, the consistency should be that of damp sand. Grab some in your hand & see if it holds its shape when you release your grip. If so, then its all good but if not you might need to add a bit more water (a LITTLE bit at a time) This part is time-sensitive because you don’t want your mixture to dry out so you have to move quickly but gently.
- Pack each half of your molds separately and ensure you really pack it in. Think of making sandcastles as a kid and need to really pack it into your beach bucket so it holds its shape, the same concept applies.
- Put both halves together and repeat until you fill all your molds. Let dry for a FULL 24 hours, no peeking. Store them in a container in a cool, dry place for 3 months. Enjoy the relaxing power of your CBD bath bombs!