For me, summertime means peaches, patios, and food cooked outside. To enjoy all the summer has to offer this is one of my favorite summertime salads. This is a perfect fast weeknight dinner or it makes a great potluck or picnic addition.
I am not a big red meat fan as I personally find it hard to digest and it can be inflammatory in nature. However, in the summertime, I will indulge in a grilled steak or this steak salad definitely hits the spot.
This salad is packed with protein, fiber, iron, antioxidants, and vitamins. I find it is a perfect way to enjoy a little grilled steak without feeling heavy or bloated afterward. This salad brings together all the flavors of summer and packs a whopping 34g of protein, 4g of fiber, and only 22 carbs.
Grilled Steak, Arugula, & Peach Salad
- 8 oz lean grass-fed tenderloin
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- pinch sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 medium ears of corn, husks removed
- 3 large peaches, pits removed and cut into quarters
- 1 pint mixed cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 cups microgreens
- 1/2 cup cilantro or curly pasley
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and sliced in half
- 6 tbsp avocado or cold pressed olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- pinch sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat grill. Brush steak and corn with oil and season with salt and pepper and place on grill. Grill steak/corn about 6-8 minutes per side over medium heat. Cook longer if you like your meat more well-done. Corn will take about 10-15 minutes, rotating every 5 minutes. Remove the meat and corn and let it rest.
- Add the peach quarters and onion halves onto the grill and grill for a few minutes to get grill marks and to slghtly carmalize.
- Arrange the greens on a large serving platter. Cut the kernals off the corn and add onto the platter, along with the tomatoes.
- Remove the peaches and onions from the grill. Quarter the onion and peaches and add to the salad.
- Slice the steak into fine strips and lay on top of the platter.
- Place all dressing ingredients into a jar with a lid and shake. Pour over the salad and give it a gentle toss.