‘Fat Bombs’ and weight loss may not sound like they belong together in the same sentence but they actually do. The 1980’s-1990’s diet industry marketing did a great job of placing fear in the hearts of everyone where fat is concerned. The old idea that “fat makes you fat”, has been a hard one to shake off for many people. You can still see “low-fat” products lining the grocery store even though we know now that fats are essential for hormone balance, brain health, energy, and metabolism. Now, the catch is that NOT all fats are created equal and higher fat diets work best as it relates to weight-loss goals when used strategically in a low carb diet.
Fat-Bombs are a Keto spin on a no-bake energy ball. It allows you to hit your daily fat macros (70%), crush cravings, boost energy pre a workout, increase plant-based protein intake (20-30% daily), and simply satisfy the taste buds. I have 5 quick and easy Killer Keto No-Bake Fat-Bomb Recipes that are perfect to grab when you need a little whole-foods energy boost.
1) Supergreens Keto Fat-Bombs
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened desiccated shredded coconut
- 1/8 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup of coconut butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp MCT oil
- 2 tbsp your favorite greens powder (Tripow, Spirulina, or Choleralla)
- Place everything into your blender, food processor or standing mixer and process until smooth.
- Using a tablespoon or a mini ice cream scoop, take a scoop of the mixture, roll in your hands to form a ball then drop onto a tray and place in the freezer to set for 10 minutes.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 1 week or freezer for 2 months.
2) Cookie Dough Keto Fat Bombs
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp softened coconut butter
- 2 tbsp nut or seed butter of choice
- 2 drops of stevia
- 1/2 tsp alcohol-free, sugar-free vanilla
- 1/8 cup Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
Place everything but the chocolate chips into a bowl and mix until flour is well blended and the batter is creamy, a standing mixture is nice if you have one.
Sprinkle in the chocolate chips and mix so the chips are evenly distributed throughout the mixture. Set the bowl in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes which makes rolling the balls easier.
Using a tablespoon or a mini ice cream scoop, take a scoop of the mixture, roll in your hands to form a ball then drop onto a tray. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 1 week or freezer for 2 months.
3) Chocolate Almond & Coconut Keto Cups
- 8 tbsp of grass-fed butter, ghee or coconut butter
- 2 oz of unsweetened dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- Pinch of sea salt
- Melt dark chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring to ensure ti it does not burn. Add the cream and vanilla and take off the heat.
- Place muffin tins in a mini muffin tray or use a silicon mold to make your chocolates. Divide the melted mixture in half, use half the mixture to fill 1/4 of the tin with the chocolate. Place the tin in the freezer for 5-10 minutes until hard.
- Mix almond butter, MCT oil, and salt together and evenly top each cup with almond butter and MCT mixture. Place the tray back into the freezer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Top each cup with the reserved chocolate mixture and set in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- These cups keep in the freezer for 2 months. When you want one simply take one out and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes and enjoy.
4) Blackberry Coconut Keto Fat Bombs
- 2 tbsp blackberry powder
- 1.5 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp softened grass-fed butter or coconut butter
- 1 tbsp MCT or coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp coconut flakes cups (reserve 2 tbsp for rolling).
- 2 drops stevia
- Place everything into a blender, standing mixture, or food process and process until smooth.
- Set the bowl in the fridge and let it chill for 10-15 minutes to make rolling easier.
- Using the same method as above, use a mini ice cream scoop or a tbsp to take a scoop of the mixture and roll it in your hands. Gently roll the ball on a plate with the reserved 2 tbsp of coconut and pop into the fridge to set.
- These will keep well in the fridge in an air-tight container for 2 weeks or 2 months in the freezer.
5) Cheesecake Truffle Keto Fat Bombs (sugar-free)
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp espresso instant coffee granules
- 1/4 tsp sugar-free vanilla
- 1/2 tbsp organic heavy cream
- 1-2 drops of stevia
- 1/4 cup unsweetened raw cacao (reserve 1/8 cup for rolling)
- Whip the cream cheese, espresso powder, whipping cream, stevia, half cacao, and vanilla in a standing mixture or food processor until smooth. Place the bowl into the fridge to chill for 20-30 minutes.
Using a mini ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, roll a spoonful of it into a ball in your hands. Gently roll the ball in the remaining cacao powder on a plate and place on a tray.
- Once all the balls are rolled, leave the tray in the fridge for an hour. It is best to serve these cold, they will keep well in the fridge in an air-tight container for one week or in the freezer for a month.
These Keto Fat Bomb recipes are designed to reduce cravings, help you hit your fat macros using whole foods, regulate hormones, and support your body to burn fat all day long! Leave me a comment to let me know which one you loved the most.