5 “Healthified” Holiday Drink Recipes! I have several nutrition clients that get anxious about wanting to maintain their progress but are worried about how to navigate the holiday parties when it comes to drinking. The reality is you have to find a balance between a healthy lifestyle & enjoying your life.
So, I have created 5 boozy beverages to have your back this holiday season. These recipes have no refined sugar, use whole foods to flavor alcohol instead of artificial flavorings, and of course, have added nutrition. Now you can rock your holiday parties!
1) Holiday Almond Nogg
- 1 cup Almond Joy Egg Nog
1/2 coconut milk
1 oz bourbon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cloves
pinch pink Himalayan salt
* blend in a blender till smooth pour into a glass and add a pinch of cinnamon on top & serve
2) Holiday Mulled Wine
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 Bottle of Organic Dark Red Wine
- 1 orange sliced
- 4 star of anise
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup of pure apple juice
* Place everything in a pot on the stove over medium to high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer for 20 minutes. Strain & serve
3) Cranberry Gin Fizz
1 cup of pure, unsweetened organic cranberry juice
- 1 cup sparkling water
- 1 oz Gin
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 2 orange slices
- 1/8 cup cranberries
- 2 Rosemary Sprigs
*Place all liquids in a shaker with ice and shake well. Divide cranberries, orange slices, & rosemary sprigs into 2 glass. Pour content into glasses and enjoy.
4) Holiday Moscow Mule
- Fresh lime wedges, to taste
- 1 solid copper mug
- 1/2 cup of Ice
- 2 ounces good gin
- 4-6 ounces low-sugar ginger kombucha
- 2 ounces organic unsweetened cranberry juice
- Frozen cranberries, for garnish
- Rosemary sprig, for garnish
- Squeeze the lime into the copper mug. Fill mug with ice and pour gin, ginger kombucha and cranberry juice over ice. Garnish with cranberries and rosemary sprig. Stir and enjoy!
5) Winter Sangria
- 1 cup of mixed winter fruits (blood oranges, grapefruits, lemons, pears, cranberries).
- Sprigs of fresh mint and/or rosemary
- 1 bottle of your favorite sweet red or white organic wine
- 2 cups of ice
- 500 ml, Kombucha (berry for red wine, and peach or ginger for white wine)
*Mix everything in a large glass pitcher and serve in chilled glasses. Garnish with fruit and herbs.
I hope these healthified holiday drinks help your party and enjoy the holiday celebrations with a few whole-food and digestive swaps.