Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
These cookies taste just like little strawberry shortcakes! They are light, moist & bursting with the flavors of summer!
- 1.5 cups strawberries sliced honestly, any berries are delicious
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups almond flour or gluten-free flour or plain baking flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 6 tbsp cold ghee coconut oil, or butter works too
- 3 tbsp sweetener of choice monkfruit, honey, can sugar, maple syrup, etc
- 2 medium eggs
Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick liner
Wash & slice strawberries, toss in lemon juice as set aside
In a bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients and then add in the cold ghee in small chunks to form small dough crumbs
In a small bowl, whisk eggs and sweetener and then add into the dry mixture along with the strawberries to form a sticky dough.
You will want to get your hands a little wet before rolling or the dough sticks to your hands. With wet hands roll 12-14 small balls of dough and set onto the lined baking sheet. Press slightly down to about 1/4" thickness and set 2" apart on the pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes until top is slightly brown
Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack
These cookies keep great frozen in a sealed bag/container for 2-3 months or sealed in the fridge for 10-14 days.