Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
These Strawberry Shortcake cookies are light, moist, and truly taste like summer in every bite
- 1.5 cups strawberries, hulled & sliced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup almond flour use gluten-free or while flour as needed
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp cold ghee or grass-fed butter use coconut butter for vegan version
- 2 egg large use flax egg for vegan version
- 3 tbsp sweetener of choice honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, stevia
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl then add all the liquid ingredients.
In a medium bowl mix berries and lemon juice
In a larger bowl, mix all dry ingredients. Add cut pieces of ghee or butter and work it in to form a crumb.
Whisk all wet ingredients and add them into the dry ingredients until well combined. Add in the strawberries and mix again. Now the dough is sticky so its best to wet your hands with water a bit and then roll the balls and place on the lined baking sheet. You want them 2" apart and gently press the balls down so the cookies are about 1/4" thick
Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown on edges and let cool on a cookie sheet then enjoy.
To keep your cookies from drying out store them in an air-tight glass container for 1 week.
These cookies can be frozen and kept for 3 months sealed in the freezer.
See the Instagram Reel video of how to make this on the Rejoice Instagram page too :)