Don’t toss out those soft veggies instead make Roasted Sheet-pan Blender Soup instead!
One of my waste-free kitchen hacks is, that I take whatever veggie that looks like it might be going bad & turn it into a creamy blender soup. I had soft tomatoes but you can follow this base recipe & swap tomatoes for whatever veggies you have on hand or that you love.
Some ideas for delicious Sheet-Pan Blender Soup ideas include:
cream of mushroom soup
cream of broccoli soup
cream of celery soup
cream of asparagus soup
creamy carrot soup
butternut squash soup
OR .. whatever you have you can make a roasted vegetable soup helping you save money on groceries, reduce food waste at home, and create a waste-free kitchen.
Use this as a base recipe to make it your own to use up what you have and have fun with it:
Easy No-Waste Sheet Pan Blender Soup
- 1 blender, food processor, or handheld blender
- 1 baking sheet
- 3 cups chopped veggies of choice
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- lug oil of choice avocado oil, olive oil, coconut oil, etc
- 1 salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups bone broth, stock, or water use what you have
- 1 cup cream, or milk, or coconut milk Optional, see recipe notes
- Drizzle with oil, salt, and pepper, and toss. Roast at 30-40 minutes.
- crap pan goods into a blender or food processor with 4 cups of bone broth , stock, or water, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1 cup of milk or cream of choice & seasoning you love.
- blend to your desired consistency and enjoy!
Do you make blender soup? What is your favorite soup? Let me know if you make it how it turns out for you. JO